1 (513) 921-9400
Crohm Series CE edgewound resistors are frequently used for medium to heavy duty braking of variable frequence drives, speed and torque regulation, crane and transit applications, elevator and mining controls, neutral grounding and any type of AC or DC load application. The Series CE edgewound resistors are available in multiple lengths (3" increments) and in current ranges between 15 and 100 amps.
Crohm Series CE edgewound resistors are produced from a high quality stainless steel alloy formed into a compact configuration designed for heavy duty power applications. The resistor element strip material is wound on edge into a long spring then installed onto a toothed or smooth ceramic insulating core. Winding the element on edge allows the design to cool very effi ciently when installed in a horizontal confi guration. Each end of the resistor element is welded to a stainless steel terminal featuring a 11/32" diameter hole for attaching connections with 5/16" hardware. The insulating core is produced from steatite porcelain which offers good thermal shock resistance and excellent mechanical strength. A keyed 3/8" diameter hole runs through the center of the core to except a 5/16" diameter threaded rod or fl at mounting bar to offer multiple mounting and installation options.
- Voltage Insulation: 1000 volts
- Insulation Resistance (Dry): 1000 MΩ minimum
- Resistance Tolerance: ± 10% standard, Contact factory for if lower tolerances are required.
- Coeffient of Resistivity: As the element temperature rises the resistance value will increase. Expect an approximate resistance increase of 5% at full operating temperature.
- Operating Temperature: 375°C temperature rise above ambient.
- Ambient Temperature: The power ratings are based on a ambient temperature of 40°C. For higher ambient temperatures decrease power ratings approximately 10% for 50°C, 20% for 80°C and 30% for 100°C.
Product Ordering Information
The part number is specified as follows: CE (Size) - Amp Rating. As an example, the part number for a 0.40 ohm, 60 amp edgewound resistor is CE5-60. See the table below for a full list of standard part numbers.
|AMPS||SIZE 1||SIZE 2||SIZE 3||SIZE 4||SIZE 5||SIZE 6||SIZE 7||SIZE 8||SIZE 9|
All dimensions are in inches.
Click here for a PDF version of this product sheet.